One of the most recurring problems in AOL desktop Gold is the issue of missing icon. It is uncanny how often this problem happens and if you do not take advanced steps to handle this, the problem will keep reappearing. A lot of the time, customers simply create a shortcut on the desktop screen, and although this helps, it isn’t permanent. In some cases, the problem gets resolved when you download AOL desktop gold and install it again but it may not work for some people. There are a lot of solutions available to troubleshoot this error and in this blog, you will find one advanced method to fix Aol desktop gold icon missing which will get rid of the problem permanently.
There is a solution that has proven to be very effective while handling the problem, and it is ‘disabling the task scheduler’. So if you want to perform this method, you must follow the steps mentioned below:
Disable task scheduler.
This application can be the prime cause of the problem as its purpose is to remove corrupted files from the system. To disable this, you must:
- First, click on the ‘start’ button on your windows and select ‘programs’ from the list.
- Under this option select ‘accessories’ and after that ‘system tools’ to launch the task scheduler window.
- Now you need to expand the ‘tree’ icon and select the Microsoft folder.
- After that, click on Windows and under this ‘diagnosis’. The task scheduler should appear in the center of the screen.
- Now you must right click on the task scheduler window and select ‘disable’.
- After it is disabled, you need to change the time on your computer.
- Finally, restart your computer and search for the icon on the screen. Now you can use AOL Desktop Gold normally like before.
By performing this you will be free from this problem and your icon will restore itself on the desktop screen. Just follow the steps carefully and exactly the way it has been provided to you. If you still can’t resolve this issue then you must contact our Restore aol desktop gold missing icon customer service for assistance.