While completing your accounting tasks, even a small discrepancy in your data can cause serious complications when it comes to keeping track of your transactions. However, if you use QuickBooks Desktop, you can use the Auto Data Recovery feature to retrieve any data you may have lost. You must keep in mind that the Auto Data Recovery feature only works if you use QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions for Windows. You can call the QuickBooks support number +1-800-340-2881 and consult a professional software expert to check if you can use the feature to recover your data. If you are eligible to use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery, you can go through the steps mentioned in this article to recover your QuickBooks data that is lost or corrupted.
Steps to recover QuickBooks Data using Auto Data Recovery
Before you use the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery tool to recover your data, you need to make sure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. Once you update your QuickBooks software, you can follow the steps given below to recover your data using the original .TLG file with .QBW.adr file
- Step 1: Create a folder on your desktop and name it ‘QBTest.’
- Step 2: Press F2 or Ctrl + 1 to locate the folder that has the company file.
- Step 3: Search for the ‘.tlg’ file extension in the company folder.
- Step 4: Copy the .tlg file and paste it to the QBTest folder you created.
- Step 5: Go back to the folder and look for QuickBooks AutoData Recovery.
- Step 6: Right-click the .QBW.adr file and copy it to the QBTest Folder.
- Step 7: Ensure you have both .QBW.adr and .tlg file in the QBTest folder.
- Step 8: Right-click the .QBW.adr file and rename it by deleting the ‘.adr’ extension at the end of the file.
After you rename the file you should open QuickBooks and use the account register to check all the transactions in the QBTest folder. You can go to the file section, and navigate to ‘Utilities’ to verify the data and check the integrity of the recovered file. If you feel that the file is good, you can transfer the damaged company file to a different location and move the QBTest folder to the original location. However, if you find it difficult to recover and access the data even after going through the steps mentioned above, you can call the QuickBooks support +1-800-340-2881 and ask for additional assistance. No matter what technical issue you may encounter, you can reach out to a QuickBooks software expert 24 hours a day and troubleshoot the issue using the best possible solution.