Passwords are a real big deal. It is something which can protect your data and help you maintain privacy. Be it the password for app lock or emails, without them you can’t access the service. Forgetting passwords can be a real deal and if they aren’t recovered or replaced, then it can lead to some huge mess. And if you are an AT&T email user and you have forgotten the password, then you must definitely recover it. There is no need to wander here and there to look out for the solution, as this blog will provide you with one. You can also reach out to the AT&T Customer support number for further guidance.
Before you begin the process, you need to take a look at the given guidelines:
- The password is the same for both Access ID and the email address associated with it
- When you will reset the password, it will change for both.
- Ensure that you use the AT&T email address, even if the account has been merged to Yahoo.
Methods to reset the password
Step 1- With the help of the security question
- Open AT&T email login page and enter your username and the last name
- Tap on Forgot password.
- If asked, enter the code shown on the page in the required space.
- Now choose the option ‘Answer the security question’
- Click on the question that you had chosen earlier and provided an answer for the same.
- Once done, you need to follow the instructions to reset the password. Once done you will receive a confirmation.
Step 2- With the help of a temporary password
This method can be used if you do know the answers to the security questions. This method can only be used if you had registered an email address or phone number while setting up the account.
- Follow the same three steps as above.
- After that when asked that how will you like to reset the password, select the option of ‘Send me a temporary password’
- After that, you will be redirected to AT&T sign in the page.
- Provide the code that you receive on the registered email address or phone number.
- Once done, you will receive a temporary password. You can create a new one after that.
If you haven’t registered any email ID or phone number, which will be the least possible or don’t even know the security questions and answers, then you must immediately reach out to the AT&T Customer Service number. They will be able to help you out in this situation.