Like any other error in QuickBooks, error 6175 also has to do with company files. But a more detailed way of explaining this would be; when you try to access a company file but the database server isn’t responding. It happens because QuickBooks couldn’t initiate a connection with the system where the company file has been stored. This error is caused because of some few reasons like the host server of the company file is occupied with some other task, connection blocked by firewall etc. To dissolve this error there are many solutions to choose from. These solutions have been guaranteed to work by many users in the past and they are easy to replicate. As long as you have a basic understanding of your QuickBooks software and where certain files are located, you will be able to carry out the steps. So if you are willing to learn from this blog, you can proceed. However, if you want the information from a more reliable source, you can do that as well by contacting to Fix QuickBooks Error 6175.
So to sum up the reason behind this error, it is caused when the QuickBooks desktop is unable to start the QuickBooksDB service required by the QBDataServiceUser to hold the company files. To eradicate this error you can either scan the computer with reimage repair tool or set the hosting on the server computer.
Use the Reimage repair tool.
- Firstly, you need to download the repair tool and save the file on your computer.
- Then open the folder containing the file and double-click on it to initiate the installation process.
- Click on ‘yes’ to continue on the User Account Control window.
- When you see the ‘welcome screen’ appear, you need to allow the tool to start an automatic scan.
- After you are done with that step, click the install button to begin the process. After it has been installed it will initiate an automatic scan.
- It will notify you about the affected areas and if you want to repair it, wait for the scan to complete and click the ‘start repair’ button.
- After the repair is done you are required to restart the computer.
Set hosting on the server computer.
- Go to utilities on your QuickBooks and under this choose the ‘host multi-user access’ option.
- Now select ‘yes’ on the ‘host multi-user access’ window and again select ‘yes’ on the ‘company file must be closed’ window.
- Now read the setup information on the screen and click ‘ok’. After this, you will be able to switch to multi-user mode.
If you encounter any technicalities, you may contact QuickBooks technical support to troubleshooting quickbooks error 6175 with our experts.